China Embassy in U.K.

                                   Visa Application Form of PRC
                                   Application Procedure and Fee

                                  Ambassador: Mr. Liu Xiaoming
                                  Address: 49 Portland Place, London W1B 1JL, UK
                                  Tel: +44-020-72994049 (General Line) 
                                  Office Hours:  09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00, Monday-Friday (except British and Chinese Holidays)
                                  Website: http://www.chinese-embassy.org.uk/eng/

                                  Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in UK

                                  Address: 31 Portland Place, London W1B 1QD
                                  Tel: +44-020-76311430 (Answer phone 09:00-12:00, 14:00-16:00)
                                  Fax: +44-020-74369056
                                  Email: zj_uk@mfa.gov.cn
                                  Office Hours: 09:00-12:00 Monday-Friday (except holidays)
                                  The Station Nearby: Great Portland Street Station, Regent's Park Station , Oxford Street Station

                                  Consular Districts of Chinese Embassy/Consulates in UK

                                  Embassy/Consulate General Consular Districts
                                  Embassy of PRC in London Except the consular district of Consulates in Manchester, Edinburgh, other regions are the consular jurisdiction of the Embassy in London.
                                  Consulate General of PRC in Edinburgh Scotland, Northern Ireland
                                  Consulate General of PRC in Manchester Greater Manchester, Durham, Derbyshire, Lancashire, Merseyside, North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, Tyne and Wear

                                  Notice for Application

                                  CVASC is responsible for receiving applications to mainland China from all ordinary passport holders who are UK citizens and citizens of other countries. It collects visa fees on behalf of the Embassy and the Consulate General. Currently, there are three branches in London, Manchester and Edinburgh. The applicants who apply in London are required to make online appointment at http://www.visaforchina.org/. If they apply in Manchester and Edinburgh, they can directly submit their applications to the centers. However, they are still strongly advised to make online appointment in advance to guarantee a short waiting time.

                                  For people who apply for Diplomatic/Service/Courtesy Visa, Visa and Enter Permit to Hong Kong/Macao, they still submit their application to the embassy or consulate directly. 

                                  CVASC in London

                                  Office Hours: 09:00-15:00 (Submission); 09:00-16:00 (Payment and Collection), Monday-Friday (except holidays)
                                  Address: 12 Old Jewry, London, EC2R 8DP
                                  Tel: 020-7710 6000
                                  Fax: 020-7710 6001
                                  E-mail: ukcentre@visaforchina.org

                                  CVASC in Manchester

                                  Office Hours: 09:00-15:00 (Submission); 09:00-16:00 (Payment and Collection), Monday-Friday (except holidays)
                                  Address: First Floor, 75 Mosley Street, Manchester, M2 3HR
                                  Tell: 016-1236 1070
                                  Fax: 016-1244 5883
                                  Email: manchestercentre@visaforchina.org

                                  CVASC in Edinburgh

                                  Office Hours: 09:00-15:00 (Submission); 09:00-16:00 (Payment and Collection), Monday-Friday (except holidays)
                                  Address: 2nd Floor, Exchange Tower,19 Canning Street, City of Edinburgh, EH3 8EG
                                  Tel: 0131 2292519     
                                  Fax: 0131 2291598
                                  E-mail:  edinburghcentre@visaforchina.org

                                  Major Visa Types & Requirements

                                  Types Purpose
                                  Tourist (L) It is issued for an alien who comes to PRC for sight-seeing.
                                  Business (M) It is issued to those who intend to go there for commercial and trade activities.
                                  Noncommercial Visit (F) It is issued to those who intend to go to China for exchanges, visits, study tours and other activities.
                                  Employment/Work (Z) It is issued for applicants going to PRC for employment or work.
                                  Student (X)

                                  It is issued for an alien who comes to PRC for study.
                                  X1 is for those who plan to stay for more than 6 months, while X2 is issued for short stay.

                                  Private Visit (S) It is issued to family members who intend to visit the foreigners with Work Z or student X in PRC, or to those who intend to go to PRC for other private affairs.
                                  Family Reunion (Q) It is issued to family members of Chinese citizens or foreigners with permanent residence in PRC.
                                  Transit (G) It is issued for applicants going to PRC for transit to another country/region.
                                  Hong Kong SAR & Macao SAR Visas 1. UK citizens are exempt from Hong Kong visa if they go to Hong Kong for visit or sightseeing for less than 180 days.
                                  2. UK citizens are exempt from Macao visa for up to 180 days.

                                   Procedure for Application at CVASC      Visa Fees
                                   UK citizens can now apply for a 10-year China visa with multiple entries, if they plan to visit China for the purposes of tourism, commercial or business activities, and short-term family visits. Compared with regular visas, the required documents are the same while the price is higher.

                                  Meanwhile, the 5-year multiple-entry China visa is now also available for UK citizens.

                                  2020 Holiday Schedule of the CVASC in London

                                  Festival Date Day
                                  New Year's Day January 1 Wednesday
                                  Chinese New Year January 24 - 27 Friday - Monday
                                  Good Friday April 10 Friday
                                  Easter Monday April 13 Monday
                                  International Labor's Day May 1 Friday
                                  Early May Bank Holiday May 8 Friday
                                  Spring Bank Holiday May 25 Monday
                                  Summer Bank Holiday August 31 Monday
                                  Chinese National Day October 1 - 3 Thursday - Saturday
                                  Christmas Eve December 24 Thursday
                                  Christmas Day December 25 Friday
                                  Boxing Day December 26 Saturday
                                  Note: The holiday arrangement of the CVASC may be different. Please log on their official website for detailed holiday notice.

                                   Please contact Embassy of U.K. in China if British are in problems there. 

                                   Recommended Tours:
                                  China Tours from UK
                                  China Tour from London UK
                                  China Tour from Manchester UK

                                   Other Chinese Embassies in Europe: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus
                                  - Last modified on Jan. 03, 2021 -
                                  Questions & Answers on China Embassy in U.K.
                                  Asked by Stan Sanders from UNITED KINGDOM | Jan. 05, 2021 07:35Reply
                                  My wife's Chinese Passport runs out very soon.
                                  My wife needs to renew her Chinese passport but she is in England. We have looked on the Chinese Embassy website but cannot see any way of making an appointment online for her to do so. We did not realize how soon her passport will expire and so this is quite urgent but we are also in a lock down.
                                  Please could you advise what she needs to do and how to do it.
                                  Many Thanks
                                  Asked by Sam Shum from UNITED KINGDOM | Dec. 30, 2020 15:30Reply
                                  Renew China Passport during COVID-19 pandemic lockdown
                                  My wife has a China Passport which is due to expire in 6 months time. We live in London and have information that she may not be able to approach the China Embassy to submit her application. As she will soon submit her extension of stay in the UK, it would be much better to have her new passport to be stamped by the Home Office rather than on the old one.
                                  Please kindly advise!
                                  With regard and Happy New Year!
                                  Answers (1)
                                  Answered by Paul | Jan. 03, 2021 23:04

                                  Sam, your wife can first submit an online application appointment, and then post her documents to the Chinese embassy. For the details, please refer to the official website of the Chinese embassy in UK.
                                  Asked by Chris from UK | Dec. 22, 2020 03:22Reply
                                  Visiting Chinese family
                                  My daughters are British/British passport and are studying in the UK. Their mother/my wife is Chinese and is in China. My daughters want to return to China ASAP in time to spend Chinese New Year with family. The grew up in China and previously held a Chinese X visa. Could they get a Chinese visa during the current COVID situation?
                                  Thank you.
                                  Answers (2)
                                  Answered by Monica | Dec. 24, 2020 19:08

                                  No, currently UK citizens are not allowed to enter China.
                                  Answered by Chris | Dec. 29, 2020 04:13

                                  Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question.
                                  Asked by Andrew Junor | Oct. 27, 2020 09:01Reply
                                  Returning chinese national
                                  My wife is a chinese national with a chinese passport living in the UK with indefinite leave to remain. Due to a family bereavement she needs to return home for 2 months. What quarantine/ self isolation will she need to do in China? Does it have to be in a hotel at arrival airport or can it be nearer her hometown?
                                  Answers (2)
                                  Answered by Ruth | Nov. 01, 2020 18:14

                                  Andrew, she needs to be quarantined for 14 days. It has to be in a hotel at arrival airport.
                                  Answered by Such | Dec. 03, 2020 07:10

                                  Yes.14 day’s required.
                                  V:13823131503 Susie for more details
                                  Asked by United Kingdom | Oct. 14, 2020 20:50Reply
                                  Can get visa for uk passport to entry China?
                                  It’s possible to get China visa during this COVID19 and entry China from uk please let me know thank you ?
                                  Answers (1)
                                  Answered by Leona | Oct. 16, 2020 01:03

                                  Yes, it's possible, but whether you can get it depends on your personal case.
                                  Ask a Question
                                  Question Summary (100 characters)
                                  Details (optional) (2,000 characters)