China Visa

                                  China Visa

                                  China Visa Types

                                  • Tourist (L) Issued to aliens who are going to PRC for tourism.
                                  • Business (M) Issued to aliens who are going to PRC for business and trade activities.
                                  • Student (X) Issued to aliens who are going for study, furthering studies.
                                  • Work (Z) Issued to aliens who are going for a post or employment.
                                  • Transit (G) Issued to aliens who are going to a third country in transit of PRC.
                                  • Private Visit (S) Issued to family members of foreigners residing in China for work, study, etc.
                                  • Family Reunion (Q) Issued to relatives of Chinese citizens or foreigners with permanent residence permit residing in PRC.
                                  • Noncommercial Visit (F) Issued to aliens who are invited to a lecture, scientific-technological & cultural exchanges, study tours, etc.
                                  • Talent (R) Issued to high-level personnel and much-needed highly talented people.
                                  • Crew (C) Issued to crewmembers involving international-based transportation by trains, airway and ships and their accompanying family members.
                                  • Resident (D) Issued to aliens who are going to reside permanently in PRC.
                                  • Journalist (J-1, J-2) Issued to foreign journalists for the purpose of reporting from PRC.


                                  Do you need a visa to travel to China?

                                  If holding an ordinary passport, you need to apply for a visa for China unless you are covered by China’s visa exemption policy, such as the 24/72/144 hours visa free transit schemes, Hainan 30-day visa-free access, visa exemption for tour groups meeting certain requirements, and visa-free entry for holders of APEC Business Travel Card. It’s worth mention that nationals of countries which have reached mutual visa-exemption agreements with China, like Singapore, Brunei, Japan, Qatar and Armenia, can also enjoy free entry to China. Those who hold a Chinese Temporary Residence Permit don’t need a visa for China either within the Residence Permit’s validity.

                                  How to apply a visa for China?

                                   Step 1: Read the application requirements carefully and collect all required documents.

                                   Step 2: Visit the Chinese embassy or consulate in charge of your residence district and submit the application documents. In countries where there are Chinese Visa Application Centers (CVASC), you may need to go to the CVASC. Mail service in some countries is available.

                                   Step 3: Pay the fee and collect your passport and visa on the date shown on the pick-up slip. If you use mail service, just wait for your mail.

                                  China Embassies

                                  Chinese Embassy in Washington DC, USA
                                  Chinese Embassy in Ottawa, Canada
                                  Chinese Embassy in London, UK
                                  Chinese Embassy in Canberra, Australia
                                  Chinese Embassy in Wellington, New Zealand
                                   More Chinese Embassies and Consulates
                                  - Last modified on Dec. 31, 2020 -
                                  Questions & Answers on China Visa
                                  Asked by chibuike from NIGERIA | Dec. 27, 2020 17:19Reply
                                  When will china start giving Nigerian visa again
                                  Answers (1)
                                  Answered by Edward | Dec. 31, 2020 00:33

                                  Sorry, it is still unknown at present.
                                  Asked by Haezel from PHILIPPINES | Dec. 11, 2020 14:26Reply
                                  do i have to show bank account for getting my visa?
                                  Hi, I haven’t meet my fiancé yet in person so I am planning to go in china. I have my bank account but I don’t deposit money there. But my fiancé will sponsor me and cover all my expenses when I get there. And also I will be living in his place as soon as I get there. Will his letter of invitation work in getting my tourist visa? Thank you.
                                  Answers (1)
                                  Answered by Janet | Dec. 17, 2020 19:03

                                  Haezel, you should be aware that China does not issue visas for meeting fiance at present. You can only apply for it after China opens its border for tourists. Generally speaking, you need to show a bank account if you enter China for the first time, but if you have your fiance's invitation stating that he will cover all the expenses, it may work.
                                  Asked by Gian Luca from ITALY | Nov. 30, 2020 03:01Reply
                                  Hi, I'm an Italian that actually from last august I'm living in Kuwait, can I apply a China VISA ?
                                  Answers (1)
                                  Answered by David | Dec. 03, 2020 19:55

                                  It depends on what type of visa you are applying for. If it is tourist visa, you can't do the application. If it's for urgent work or business in China, you can do the application.
                                  Asked by Tao from ZHU | Nov. 26, 2020 21:10Reply
                                  HDC QR code
                                  Does this mean any visa can enter as long as the HDC is approve by Embassy/Consulates?
                                  Answers (1)
                                  Answered by Keith | Nov. 29, 2020 18:13

                                  No, only those having a valid China residence permit or a valid visa issued after March 28, 2020 are allowed to enter China now.
                                  Asked by Audrey from CANADA | Nov. 25, 2020 16:38Reply
                                  X1 and X2 Visa
                                  I’m from Canada and I would like to know if it’s possible to apply for the X1/X2 Visa right now.
                                  Answers (1)
                                  Answered by Alex | Nov. 29, 2020 18:32

                                  Dear, I'm afraid not.
                                  Ask a Question
                                  Question Summary (100 characters)
                                  Details (optional) (2,000 characters)